1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
3 cups of apples, cored and cut into small cubes
1 cup chopped assorted nuts, such as pecans and walnuts
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease well a bundt pan; set aside.
2. Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine vegetable oil, sugar, and eggs; mix on high speed until yellowish.
4. Gradually put in dry ingredients until mixed well.
5. Add apples and & nuts, to batter; mix to combine. Add vanilla, mixing until incorporated.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake about 75 to 90 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, and cool slightly on a wire rack.
8. Invert cake from panand cool completely on rack, and serve with caramel frosting.
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1.In med saucepan, mix brown sugar, butter, and milk.
2.Cook and stir on med-hi until boiling.
3.Boil for 3 minutes.
4.Remove from heat and cool.
5.Add powdered sugar and vanilla flavoring.
6.Beat until creamy.