1/2 kilo clams (must be closed)
2 medium tilapia fish
1/4 kilo stewed peeled shrimps
2 large onions
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbs butter stewed baby crabs (optional)
1) Rinse clams and soak in luke warm water for 20 minutes (to remove sand)
2) Boil 2 pots of water .
3) Cut the tilapia into medium size pieces (with bone and skin) and dice the onion add both to the boiling water add one bay leave and a pinch of salt
4) Add the clams to the other boiling water
5) Leave both pots for 45 minutes to simmer.
6) Take out both the clams and fish and keep the broth aside.
7) Peel the fish and remove the fish off the bone to give fish flakes.
8) In another pot, add the butter and stir in the flour till golden then add the clams broth stir vigorously to avoid clumps.
9) Leave 5 minutes then add the fish broth and fish flakes.
10) Leave to simmer on low heat and add the sour cream after 20 minutes.
11) Leave for ten minutes then add shrimps, clams and crabs and fresh ground pepper and a teaspoon of dry basil
12) Serve will hot.