4 Sweet Potatoes scrubbed
4 Cups of Chicken broth
2 Cups sparkling grape or apple juice
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons cooking cream
1/4 teaspoon pepper divided
1 teaspoon salt divided
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon basil
1 cup cashews (split in half) (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Place olive oil in bowl with half of the salt, half of the pepper, cloves, cinnamon, cumin, and ginger.
3. Brush clean potatoes with generous amount of olive oil mixture.
4. Bake the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until soft. Cool until they can be handled.
5. Peel away the skin, and put potatoes in a large bowl. Mash potatoes for 15-20 seconds until smooth (a few lumps are okay).
6. Spoon the mashed sweet potato into a large pot over medium/high heat, add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
7. When the soup begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes. Cashews should be soft.
8. Serve hot.