1kg (8 cups) flour
10 tbl sesame seeds
2 1/2 cup shortening
2 tbl Khahk spice (ree’het khahk)
Pinch of salt
1 cup water (or as needed)
3 tbl yeast
1 tsp sugar
1. Put the yeast in some warm water with 1 tsp sugar for half an hour in an oven that was previously hot.
2. Mix the flour, salt, spice.
3. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the top of the flour (do not mix)
4. Add the very hot shortening and mix with a wooden spoon.
5. Keep mixing with your hand by rubbing the mixture against itself. The more you do this process the softer the khahk. If it is too soft, add a little bit of water, do not exceed a cup.
6. Make a hole and add the yeast mixture. Mix well.
7. Leave in a warm oven covered for 2 hours.
8. Make khahk shapes and bake in a 200’c oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
*You can stuff it with anything you wish.