Prepare your ingredients
· 3 eggs
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1/4 cup milk
· 2 tablespoons vanilla
· 1 teaspoon brown sugar
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 6 slices white bread, each cut into 4 strips
· 3 tablespoons butter
1. Have your toast ready and slice in finger size slices.
2. In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon with a fork until well blended.
2. Dip each bread strip into the egg mixture, coating completely.
3. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter with a drop of oil over medium heat.
4. Cook the bread strips a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed. Serve immediately with syrup in a bowl as dippers:)
*Keep these in the freezer for those busy mornings!
To do that, flash freeze on cookie sheet, then store in a freezer bag.
Then to serve: reheat in the oven, toaster oven, or microwave until heated through.