1. Use shiny cookie sheets: If you have dark cookie sheets, cover with aluminum foil. The reflective quality of the pan insures even baking and browning of your cookies.
2. Use a small or large ice cream scoop to measure out drop cookies:
Making sure your cookie dough is evenly divided is essential.
3. Chill dough thoroughly if you are rolling out cookies: Make sure that the dough has been chilled completely, the dough will be much easier to work with during rolling and cutting.
4. Monitor the baking time of you cookies: Never over bake your cookies. Remove your cookies from the oven when they still look a little underdone in their centers. They will finish cooking on the cookie sheets.
5. Use the correct fat for your cookies: If the recipe calls for butter, use butter. I never use margarine. If the recipe calls for shortening, Butter and shortening together is what keeps our cookies from spreading too thin while cooking.
6. Rotate your cookies: Halfway through the baking time.Often ovens cook faster towards the rear of the oven. Rotating the cookies insures even baking of your cookies.
7. Always use large eggs: Your cookies will mix perfectly by using the correct size eggs.
8. Measure all of your ingredients carefully: Don't use heaping cups of flour or sugar. Make sure you use a flat surface to level all dry measured ingredients. Measure your liquid ingredients carefully also or else you might end up with very dry or very runny cookie dough.
9. Correct temperature: Pre-heat your oven to the correct temprature. Do this before you place your cookies in the oven. This will make sure your cookies will cook properly to become the perfect cookies!
10. Have Fun and try new recipes! The more you bake the better they will be!!!